So, I’m lazy and am not bothering to put these photos in chronological order. Sadly, I haven’t found the one of us around Maw Maw and Paw Paw’s table. I guess it didn’t get scanned. One day. . . when I magically I have more time, I might start scanning photos again. . .
I have to say. . . it’s weird that these Easter pictures aren’t of cute babies and Easter egg hunts out by the barn in Iota. . . I may not have driven all over the state this year, but I made sure that we celebrated anyhow.
There’s something fun about dying eggs in the same cups that you used to dye eggs as a little girl. Isn’t that a fun “purple” color? Alex asked if those eggs were laid by the black swan. They really were more black than purple.
It’s horrible, but I used the promise of deviled eggs to con Alex into pocking eggs with me. Did you know that it’s called pocking eggs because Paque is Easter en francais?? I had to explain the crazy cajun tradition at least four times before we got started, and then he was as bad as a two year old, banging the eggs together! Ha ha ha ha. . . As I was peeling eggs, I spent the whole time thinking of sitting around Maw Maw and Paw Paw’s kitchen table (which is now my table!) with my cousins Micki, Lauren, and Kristyn peeling eggs while Aunt Sue mashed the yolks and made the deviled eggs . . . missing Kristyn and wishing that my nieces were at my house peeling the eggs for me. Stay tuned for a post full of Easter memories!
And, finally, a quilt photo. . . As I was sewing, I wondered why I was doing something instead of just looking at Pinterest and pretending that I would craft some day in the future. . .
Almost a year ago, Kim and Jared were expecting Mary Ella, and I was going to make her a quilt like I’ve done for the others, but Kim had plans to make Mary Ella a quilt and some other bedding. She did a great job, and I skipped out on making a crib sized quilt. What baby needs two?? I did make a small one for in the car and such, but that was it. (Apparently, I was so unimpressed with it, that I never even took a picture for the blog!) It was funny seeing her with it last weekend. She’s so much bigger than that little quilt now. . . and since her baby sister has turned out to be a baby brother, she’s getting a new quilt! There is one funny thing about using scraps when making a quilt. . . you might sometimes finish a project, then take a look around and realize that the quilt you’ve just finished for your precious goddaughter matches your spare room perfectly! If I hadn’t put an M on this, I would’ve been tempted to keep it and make her another.
By the letter M and the number 5. (I picked 5 because that’s how many times I’ve washed dishes so far today and how many loads of laundry I’ve washed, folded, and put away. . . just in case you were wondering.) Today, I did a little hand sewing. . . adding an applique to Mary Ella’s quilt. So, if you are adding an applique initial for a little girl named Mary Ella onto a quilt . . . do you do an M? An M and and E? If you did an M and an E, would it look like you were spelling out me? She’s just getting an M. There’s no possibility of adding the e based on my placement of the M, so it’s all theoretical now. . . but what would you have done?? On a side note, I just stumbled across Cotton and Clover’s personalized name quilts. Aren’t they lovely?
So, if you’ve been following the blog at all, you know that I’ve moved the furniture in the spare room a FEW times in the last couple of months, trying to clear up the mess that was in the room and make it work as a functioning room if and when we get foster kids. We haven’t gotten to home inspections or anything yet, but I became concerned about the fact that the window was blocked. What if there was an emergency? Also, we bought a crib, but it’s not a portable one, so I wanted to make a permanent space for that as well. The room’s not really picked up and made to look spiffy in these pictures. . . but here is how I managed to fit a lot of furniture in a small room, and still have roughly a 5′ x 7′ space to play. This is sort of a 360 degree sweep of the furniture placement. . .
And then a photo of all of that floor space! It doesn’t look like much, but I think that it’s a miracle that I’ve cleared (sort of) the space in front of the window, and there’s still plenty of room between the foot of the bed and the crib. Again, it doesn’t look like much, but there’s plenty of room for me to get there, and that’s what counts!
And because I don’t have anything better to do, here’s a map of the floor plan.